1. I am thinking of transferring, will I be able to continue caring for my current looked after children, or will they be removed?
Answer: If it’s best for the children, they remain with you.
2. Will my weekly payments be affected and will I be without financial support during the transfer?
Answer: Your payments are not affected.
3. Can I be assured that I will not be pressurised by my old agency in any way or not be blacklisted?
Answer: Yes and you cannot be blacklisted.
4. How long will the process take?
Answer: Between two and four months.
5. What happens if I am unhappy with the new agency and they don’t keep their promises?
Answer: That is extremely unlikely. FTA reduce this small risk.
6. Is there another carer who has been through the transfer I can talk to?
Answer: Yes, contact Ian at FTA.
7. Who can I talk to if I have any questions?
Answer: FTA staff are available seven days a week.